- Biking with baby: Trailer vs. front seat vs. rear seat
- Longtail comparison: Yuba Mundo, Kona Ute, and Surly Big Dummy
- African honey beans
- Brine your beans
- She's heeeeeeeere!
- How to buy a used freezer
- Using soil blocks to start seeds
- Making seitan
- DIY midtail cargo bike
- Sushi shortcut -- the purists will cringe
- active living active transportation apartment baby baby led weaning baking bicycle education bicycles bicycling bike commuting Biking biking while pregnant biking with baby biking with kids breastfeeding canning career cargo bike childbirth cooking CyclingSavvy diaper free DIY Earth Day eat local elimination communication environment events fitness gardening Glacier National Park go by bike green baby Green Ideas green living grow your own hiking holidays house hunting Iowa Italy local food locavore longtail mental health mindfulness My Life parenting plastic Portland pregnancy recipes reduce restaurants reuse saint louis sickness Smoky Mountains st. louis StL summer Thanksgiving third trimester toddler tomatoes travel unemployment vacation vegan vegetarian vegetarian cooking vegetarian food vegetarian recipes walking winter
Her Green Life
Tag Archives: pregnancy
Earlier this year, I finally caved to spousal pressure and started reading Robert Jordan’s epic fantasy series, The Wheel of Time. Relatively early in the series, the main character, Rand al’Thor receives a wound that, at least as of the … Continue reading
Last year, at 37 1/2 weeks pregnant, I had what would be my second-to-last prenatal appointment. I didn’t know it then, but I would later revisit this day and the subsequent decision I made with much regret.
Pregnancy, international travel, major surgery, and a new baby, all superimposed on the usual topics of biking, food, and gardening. Here’s a look back at 2011. Already increasing my carbon footprint I mean that in a very loving and motherly … Continue reading
It seems like just yesterday that I was writing this post about my maternity wardrobe and being rather content with the simplicity of my limited options. Nonetheless, I was looking forward to wearing some of my pre-pregnancy clothes. When I … Continue reading
Or not. Sorry, I couldn’t resist that title, but if you really want to know how to make a placenta smoothie, you’ll have to look elsewhere. I opted for the much more palatable encapsulation. The Placenta — To Eat or … Continue reading
Two weeks ago today I underwent major surgery . . . for a tummy tuck and a boob job. Okay, not exactly, but it kind of looks like it 😉 Here’s what really happened.
May go awry . . . . . . but they can still have happy endings 🙂