Here’s another slide show from the garden. Given the fact that we’re baking here (and will be for the foreseeable future), we’re very thankful to have the new drip irrigation system in place (guest post on that coming soon).
It’s come a long way since May:
- We ate our first tomato, with lots more on the way.
- We’ve been enjoying new potatoes.
- Matthew and his mom harvested all the Yukon gold potatoes, but there are many potatoes that need to be harvested soon.
- Despite the large quantity of onions planted, our harvest may be fairly small — it got too hot before they had time to get much size.
- Summer squash and cukes are pouring in, with a couple jars of pickles in the fridge.
- Matthew made a couple of small restaurant sales (fennel, artichokes, kale, and golden beets)!
- We named the garden, and I’m working on a new page for all things garden-related.