I’ve been eating A LOT of pasta lately, so in an effort to mix things up a bit, I decided to prepare a spaghetti squash. I cut into it, and was surprised to see that the seeds had sprouted.
Since many types of sprouts are quite tasty, I tried one — ick! Very bitter. Fortunately, the squash itself was fine. I just scraped out the sprouts along with the seeds, and proceeded with the prep:
- Cut in half lengthwise and scrape out the seeds.
- Place cut side down in a glass dish with about an inch of water.
- Microwave for 10-12 minutes, or until squash is tender.
- Let cool slightly, then use a fork to scrape out the spaghetti-like strands.
- Season to taste with olive oil, salt, pepper, herbs of your choice.
- Also good topped with olives or capers.