The weekend’s bike trips (and restaurant visits — three in one weekend!!!):
- South Grand — Lunch at Basil Spice, a Thai restaurant, with Matthew and my FIL. We dined while watching construction work on the South Grand Great Streets project. Pad See-iew for him, Pad Thai for her, both with tofu, both off of the $6.95 lunch menu. We shared our dishes. Both were good, though we really enjoyed the Pad See-iew. I came prepared with my own take out containers and was disappointed with the clean plates that resulted from the smaller lunch portions 😦
- The Hill — Errands at the Italian shops. Purchases included olive oil, dried porcini mushrooms, farro (an Italian grain that I’ve been wanting to try), and Swiss cheese so we can make more reubens. Unfortunately, our source for affordable dry active yeast has dried up, though I did see a mobster in the bakery, so the stop there wasn’t a total waste.
- The CWE — Dinner at Terrene. Terrene, with a focus on local food and sustainability, has been on our radar for some time, but until January, it was on the “allows smoking — do not patronize” list. (Yes, two restaurants in one day — crazy for us, but we had a Groupon-type thing that needed to be used.) I’m still a bit hesitant to whip out the camera in restaurants, so no food pics. We ordered the flatbread, half veg sausage, half mushroom; the gnocchi, and the vegetarian meatloaf with mushroom gravy. We enjoyed the first two items, but the veg meatloaf was missing something. I realized later that the only trace of the gravy was three small oyster mushrooms — wish I’d realized that earlier and asked for more gravy.
- Tower Grove South — Winter farmers’ market. With the beautiful weather, two vendors set up outside the church. We purchased spinach, a HUGE head of bok choy, green onions, and carrots.
- Tower Grove South — Trip #2 to the neighborhood for my prenatal appointment at River City Birth, followed by a stop at the new-and-improved Local Harvest Grocery, featuring a nice, spacious bathroom — the highlight of the visit for my poor, cramped bladder 😉 We also bought some bulk dry goods and a local Colby cheese.
- After this trip, we returned home, where I proceeded to take a 2-hour nap 🙂 And then there was a car trip 😦 to Young Ethicals game night for good snacks, games, and fun times.
- The Grove — Church at St. Cronan’s.
- South Grand — Lunch at Pho Grand with Matthew and my MIL. We split a vegetarian special and a special curry, though there was some contention about the way they were split — the hungry, hungry
hippopregnant lady may be taking more than her share 😉
- Interlude to make lemon squares (from our lemons — frozen juice and zest) and do laundry.
- The Y — if my bike isn’t already out, I usually just walk to the Y, since it’s less than a mile away. If I’m out and about, and know I might be biking again that day, I lock my bike up outside to save lugging it down and up the basement stairs an extra time.
- Aaannnddd, another nap — the active transportation takes a lot out of me these days!